Tuesday 20 November 2012

Why a new blog?

There are lots of great blogs out there why another one?
I used to write a wine blog, waaaay back in the day - I've  tried to get back into but its just too hard work. It isn't fun, I don't feel inspired anymore. Maybe its because I work in the wine trade now, its become a bit too work like - I don't know. What I know is that I stopped, tried starting again (several times) and found it unsustainable.

So why am I trying again - well it stems from a lot of reading of blogs really - it isn't that I have any great things to say, it isn't that I have a burning desire to find lots of people to read it. I think it comes from seeing that I understand so little but that I have a desire to understand other people. Many of these are issues I face as I live my life. I've thought about it for a while, but have held out until now. Today, or rather in the last few weeks things have changed.

The camel that broke the straws back (and yes I know its the other way around before anyone decides to tell me) is the recent debate, vote and general internet activity surrounding women bishops and their potential ordination. This post isn't where I'm going to discuss anything about - but if I ever buck up my ideas I will blog on that topic soon. I should point out that I'm not going to blog about the topic itself - I'm not qualified to do so - rather I want to explore the way that different people have helpfully (and unhelpfully) approached this sticky topic. I'll also question the way in which sides have been drawn up, and perhaps question the wisdom of Evangelicals finding themselves split on an issue that is not central to the gospel message and siding with those who on some salvation issues may find themselves differing.

But that is enough for tonight.
My name is Tim, and I'm a sinner. But I have a sovereign Lord and saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment